Matthew 5:14. “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.”
Light is and does several things.
- Light reveals. It opens up the truth of an area. A whole new world and it clears up the way to the truth and the life John 14:6.
- Light guides. It directs the way to go, leads along the right path John 12:46.
- Light strips away the darkness John 3:19-20.
- Light routs the chaos Philippians 2:15.
- Light discriminates between the right way and the wrong way. Listen to what Jesus said; “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” John 8:12.
- Light warns. It warns of dangers that lie ahead in a person’s path Ephesians 5:11-14.
- Light protects. It protects a person from the dangers of darkness, from stumbling, falling and injuring himself. Romans 13:12, says “The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light”.
Keep in mind, the believer is NOW the light of the world. Jesus said, “as long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world”. Jesus is no longer in the world, not bodily. His light is now in the lives of believers. Believers are reflections of Him. The believer’s light is only a reflective light. He reflects “The light of the Lord”. Remember, the character of light is pure. The believer is to walk in light that is in purity.
The believers place to let their light shine is the world. The world is the place where believers are to move about and reflect their light. “Ye are the light”! The world has no other light. “Ye are it – the light”. Therefore, the light is to be placed where its influence can be best used and felt. Keep your light on, because the world is lost without the cross of Jesus. “There remaineth yet very much land to be possessed”. “People Matter”
Because He Is – I am