I Peter 2:9. “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light”.
This is a continuation from Part I of “Know Who You Are” a part of believers becoming a “Chosen Generation” here are also a few notes to consider:
- The person is born again
- The person receives a renewed mind
- The person become a new creation
- The person becomes a new man
- The person receives a new spirit
2. Believers become a royal priesthood. To a person who have never given his life to Jesus Christ, God seems far away and off in outer space someplace. God just does not seem that concerned with human life. There is no personal relationship and little, if any, fellowship and communion with God. A day by day relationship that praises and honors God and brings one’s needs to God and knows that God will meet one’s needs…all this is missing to the person who has never committed his life to Christ. God seems untouched and unreachable and out of range of man’s day to day affairs.
Without Jesus Christ a person just has no access and no closeness to God. This is the reason men have always felt the need to have priests. A body of people who would dedicate their lives to God and who would carry the needs of men before God. Men have felt the need to have a representative before God, some godly priest who could present his needs to God. This is the glorious message of the gospel; when we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior, God creates us into a Royal Priesthood. God makes a royal priest out of every one of us. He gives us open access into His presence forever and ever. We can actually approach God anytime. In fact, God expects us to live in His presence… to fellowship commune, and walk in His presence all day every day.
Note the word “ROYAL”, a royal priesthood. This simply means that we are priest of royalty, priest who belong to the Sovereign, Majesty of the universe, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We are the priesthood of God Himself, the priest who rule and reign with Christ and who serve and worship God face to face, day by day, hour by hour and moment by moment. We are the priest who live and move and have our being in His presence, who walk and live in open communion with Him. This is who we are! What a mighty God we serve! You are so special to God. To be continued…
Remember, “There remaineth yet very much land to be possessed”. “People Matter”.
Because He Is – I am